- The Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine is dedicated to patient care, education, and research through excellence in healthcare delivery and innovations in biomedical research. The division is strongly committed to providing superior medical education for Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine fellows, internal medicine residents, and medical students. Several faculty members in the division have received teaching awards from the College of Medicine.
- The division will achieve its mission through a commitment to following core objectives:
- The division will provide state of the art management of patients
- The division will train and educate physicians to the highest academic standards in all aspects of the subspecialty
- The division will engage in clinical, basic science, and translational research that improves patient care and increases research funding from national agencies
- The division will recognize the unique medical needs of the people of Florida in our subspecialty and manage those needs