Satish Chandrashekaran, MD
|MD||Kurnool Medical College, University of Health Sciences in Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Residency||St. Francis Hospital, University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine||Internal Medicine|
|Fellowship||Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota||Critical Care Medicine|
|Fellowship||Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida||Pulmonary Medicine|
- Lung transplantation
- Management of advanced lung diseases
- Clinical outcomes in lung transplantation
- Dr. Chandrashekaran’s research interests include clinical outcomes in lung transplantation. He has presented on various topics, including recurrent pneumothorax, acute respiratory distress syndrome, vasoplegic syndrome and alveolar hemorrhage from cryoglobulinemic vasculitis.
- Chandrashekaran S, Parikh S, Kapoor P, Subbarayan S. Postpartum reversible cerebral vasoconstriction syndrome. Am J Med Sci. 2007 Sep;334(3):222-4.
- Chandrashekaran S, Keller C.A, Kremers W.K, Peters S.G, Hathcock M.A, Kennedy C.C. Weight loss prior to lung transplantation is associated with improved survival. J Heart Lung Transplant.. 2015 May; 34(5): 651. PMID: 25578626.
- Chandrashekaran S, Dispenzieri A, Cha SS, Kennedy CC. Pulmonary morbidity improves after autologous stem cell transplantation in POEMS syndrome. Respir Med. 2015 Jan;109(1):122. Epub 2014 Nov 14. PMID: 25433952.