Scott Ryals, MD
|Residency||University of Florida||Internal Medicine|
|Chief Resident||University of Florida||Internal Medicine|
|Fellowship||University of Florida||Sleep Medicine|
Clinical / Research Interests:
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Complex Sleep Apnea
- Restless legs syndrome
- Periodic limb movement disorder
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- American Medical Association
Certifications and Licensure:
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Sleep Medicine
- State of Florida Medical License
Honors and Awards:
- 2014 – Chief Resident Award – American College of Physicians, Florida Chapter
- Girdhar A, Berry RB, Ryals S, Beck E, Wagner M. A young man running out of treatment options. J Clin Sleep Med 2015;11(10)1239-1242.
- Ryals S, Berry RB, Girdhar A, Wagner M. Second opinion: does this patient really have narcolepsy? J Clin Sleep Med 2015;11(7)831-833.
- Berry RB, Ryals S, Girdhar A, Wagner MH. Use of chest wall electromyography to detect respiratory effort during polysomnography. J Clin Sleep Med 2016;12(9):1239-1244.
- Ryals SM and Berry RB (2015). The Man Who Stopped Breathing: A Methodical Approach. In Olson EJ, Winkelman JW, editors; for the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. Case Book of Sleep Medicine, 2nd ed. Darien, IL: American Academy of Sleep Medicine, 2015.
Please click here for a list of Dr. Ryals industry relationships.