Hiren Mehta, MD
Associate Professor of Medicine
Medical Director, UF Shands Medical Intensive Care Unit
Division Vice-Chief for Medical Affairs
Program Director, Interventional Pulmonology Fellowship Program
|MD||Seth G.S. Medical College, University of Bombay|
|Residency||John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital, Chicago, IL||Internal Medicine|
|Fellowship||Medical University of South Carolina||Pulmonary Disease & Critical Care|
- Lung cancer
- Interventional pulmonary
- Lung nodules
- Internal Medicine
- Interventional Pulmonary
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Critical Care
- Mehta HJ, Ravenel RG, Shaftman S and Silvestri GA: The Utility of Nodule Volume in the Context of Malignancy Prediction in Small Pulmonary Nodules. Chest. 2014 Mar 1; 145(3):464-72.
- Mehta HJ, Zhihong Y, Brantly MB, Sadikot RT: TREM-1 is induced in tumor associated macrophages by cyclo-oxygenase pathway in human non-small cell lung cancer. PLoS One. 2014 May 19; 9(5).
- Mehta HJ, Penley AM, Jantz MA: Treatment of Alveolar-Pleural fistula with endobronchial application of synthetic hydrogel (CoSeal). Chest. 2015 Mar; 147(3):695-9.
- Mehta HJ, Tanner NT, Silvestri GA, Yang J: Assessing the Ultimate Outcome of Patients Who Had Negative and Non-diagnostic Cytologic Specimens Obtained by Endobronchial Ultrasound with Fine Needle Aspiration. Cancer Cytopathol. 2015 Feb; 123(2):92-7.
- Mehta HJ, Penley AM, Jantz MA: Restoration of Patency to Central Airways Occluded by Malignant Endobronchial Tumors Using Intratumoral Injection of Cisplatin. Ann Am Thorac Soc. 2015 Sep;12(9):1345-50.
- Mehta HJ, Penley AM, Jantz MA: Treatment of isolated Hilar and Mediastinal recurrence of Lung cancer using endobronchial ultrasound guided transbronchial injection of Chemotherapy with Cisplatin. Lung Cancer. 2015 Oct 9. pii: S0169-5002(15)30078-7.
- Mehta HJ, Biswas A, Penley AM, Jantz MA. Management of intrapleural sepsis with once daily use of Tissue Plasminogen Activator (tPA) and deoxyribonuclease (DNase). Respiration. 2016 Jan 14. PMID: 26761711
Additional Languages Spoken:
Please click here for a list of Dr. Mehta’s industry relationships.