Jorge Lascano, MD
Associate Professor of Medicine
Assistant Director of Adult Cystic Fibrosis Program
|MD||Universidad CaTolica, Ecuador||Medicine|
|Residency||University of Miami, Jackson Memorial Hospital||Internal Medicine|
|Fellowship||University of Miami, Jackson Memorial Hospital||Pulmonary Disease & Critical Care|
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Alpha 1 Antitrypsin
- Non-CF Bronchiectasis
- Non Tuberculous Mycobacterial Lung Disease
Positions and Honors:
- Associate Professor of Medicine; Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care, Department of Medicine, University of Florida
- Director of Adult Cystic Fibrosis Center
- Co-Director of Respiratory System Course
- Director of Pulmonary and Critical Care Electives for Students and Residents
- Director of Education for the Pulmonary and Critical Care Division
- Core Faculty member for the Internal Medicine Program
- Member of the Department of Medicine Education Committee
- Department of Medicine: 2015 Junior Mentor Award
- Exemplary Teacher Award: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Ayoub F, Trillo-Alvarez C, Morelli G, Lascano J. Risk factors for hepatic steatosis in adults with cystic fibrosis: Similarities to non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. World J Hepatol. 2018 Jan 27; 10(1):34-40
- Ayoub F, Lascano J, Morelli G. Proton Pump Inhibitor Use Is Associated with an Increased Frequency of Hospitalization in Patients with Cystic Fibrosis. Gastroenterology Res. 2017 Oct; 10(5):288-293.
- McCorry E, Basher H, Lascano J, Leey J. Clinical Characteristics and Early Treatment Patterns of Newly Diagnosed Cystic Fibrosis–Related Diabetes in Two Tertiary Centers. Diabetes 2018 May; 67(Supplement 1):2374.
- Lascano J, Shaddoick R, Klinker K, Trillo-Alvarez C.Effect of Therapeutic Drug Monitoring on Clinical Outcomes in Patients with Cystic Fibrosis. NFCFC 2019: A1437
- Benninger L, Lee J, Krotova K, West J, Lascano J, Brantly MNicotine Plays a Key Role on Inflammation Driven by Monocyte-Derived Macrophages of Subjects with Alpha-1 antitrypsin Deficiency. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine. 2019: A7431
- Lascano J, Campos M. Neutrophil Chemotaxis Induced by Molecular Modifications of Alpha-1 Antitrypsin (AAT) In COPD Subjects with and Without AAT Deficiency. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine. 183; 2011: A2429.
- Lascano J, Campos M. Regulation and Anti-elastase Activity of Locally Produced Alpha-1 Antitrypsin by Well-Differentiated Normal Airway Epithelial Cells: A Comparison with SLPI. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine. 181; 2010: A4158
- Lascano J, Brantly M. Effect of Cigarette smoking on Monocyte-Derived-Macrophages of Subjects with Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine. 191; 2015: A3883
- Chertoff J, Lascano J.Prognostic utility of plasma lactate measured between 24 and 48h after initiation of early goal-directed therapy in the management of sepsis, severe sepsis and septic shock. Journal of Intensive Care. 2016 Feb 12; 4:13.
- Chertoff J, Lascano J. Lactate kinetics in sepsis and septic shock: a review of the literature and rationale for further research. Journal of intensive Care. 2015 Oct 6; 3:39