About Support Group
The University of Florida ILD And Sarcoidosis Support group was started in 2018 to give patients from our region and state an opportunity to learn more about their disease, develop skills to build resilience, connect with other patients and interact with specialists from the UF ILD and Sarcoidosis clinic. Each meeting, we have a guest speaker who presents a topic and takes questions from the members of the support group. Guest speaks have included, lung transplant doctors, gastrointestinal specialists, experts in oxygen therapy, representatives from the pulmonary fibrosis foundation, research coordinators, and during the COVID-19 pandemic, infectious disease experts.We have also had a couple of sessions on pulmonary exercises in which the audience can participate.
Since the pandemic began, our support group has moved online and is accessible through Zoom link that you get through your email. This allows you to participate from the comfort from your home. If you are interested in joining the support group please contact Support Group Coordinator, Bailea Gnann.
NEXT SUPPORT GROUP MEETING: Time and Date – TBD
*Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, all will be held virtually until further notice.
Recorded Support Group Meetings
- Support Group Discusses COVID-19 Vaccine – January 27, 2021
Other Resources for Patients
Life with Pulmonary Fibrosis:
- Exacerbations and Emergencies
- Symptom Management for Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Coping with Uncertainty: Building Resilience and Hope through Writing, Reflection, and Self-Care
- Cough 101: An Overview of Cough in Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Getting the Most Out of Portable Oxygen to Stay Active
- Sorting through Advance Directives: What Do I Need to Have in Order?
Meet the Team
ILD Program Associate Director; Sarcoidosis Program Associate Director
ILD Program Director; Sarcoidosis Program Director
For more information about ILD and Sarcoidosis Support Group, please contact Support Group Coordinator, Bailea Gnann.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 352-273-8738