The long-term goal of Dr. Jin’s lab is to obtain knowledge and develop treatments for human diseases including, but not limited to, infectious diseases, inflammatory diseases, and cancers. STING is critical in infection, inflammation, and cancer. Dr. Jin co-discovered STING (stimulator of interferon genes, also known as MPYS)a, identified common human STING variants, and demonstrated that the common human STING variant R71H-G230A-R293Q (HAQ) influences Pneumovax®23 efficacy in vivob.
- NIH-5R01AI110606: “Mechanisms of STING-Mediated Mucosal Vaccine Adjuvant Activity of Cyclic di-GMP,” 2014 ~2019
- NIH-1R21AI125999: “Impact of Human STING Variants on Pneumococcal Vaccine Effectiveness,” 2016~2018
- R21AI132865: “Mechanisms of STING-dependent IFN gamma production during pulmonary pneumococcal infection,” June 2018 – May 2020
- NIH-R56AI110606, “Mechanisms of STING-Mediated Mucosal Vaccine Adjuvant Activity of Cyclic di-GMP” July 2014 ~ Nov 2014
- NIH-R21AI099346 (Subcontract), “Mouse Modeling of a Human STING Gene Variant for Infectious Disease” , 2012 ~ 2015
- Jin L, Waterman PM, Jonscher KR, Short CM, Reisdorph NA, Cambier JC. MPYS, a novel membrane tetra spanner, is associated with major histocompatibility complex class II and mediates transduction of apoptotic signals.
Mol Cell Biol. 2008 Aug;28(16):5014-26.
- Jin L, Xu LG, Yang IV, Davidson EJ, Schwartz DA, Wurfel MM, Cambier JC. Identification and characterization of a loss-of-function human MPYS variant. Genes Immun. 2011 Jun;12(4):263-9
- Jin L, Hill KK, Filak H, Mogan J, Knowles H, Zhang B, Perraud AL, Cambier JC, Lenz LL MPYS is required for IFN response factor 3 activation and type I IFN production in the response of cultured phagocytes to bacterial second messengers cyclic-di-AMP and cyclic-di-GMP.J Immunol. 2011 Sep 1;187(5):2595-601
- Blaauboer SM, Gabrielle VD, Jin L MPYS/STING-mediated TNF-alpha, not type I IFN, is essential for the mucosal adjuvant activity of (3′-5′)-cyclic-di-guanosine-monophosphate in vivo. J Immunol. 2014 Jan 1;192(1):492-502
- Blaauboer SM, Mansouri S, Tucker HR, Wang HL, Gabrielle VD, Jin L The mucosal adjuvant cyclic di-GMP enhances antigen uptake and selectively activates pinocytosis-efficient cells in vivo. Elife. 2015 Apr 21;4.
- Patel, S., Blaauboer, S.M., Tucker, H.R., Mansouri, S., Ruiz-Moreno, J.S., Hamann, L., Schumann, R.R., Opitz, B., Jin, L. The Common R71H-G230A-R293Q Human TMEM173 Is a Null Allele. J Immunol. 198(2):776-787, 2017 (Highlighted In This Issue, top 10% of the articles published in the Journal).
- Mansouri, S, Patel, S, Blaauboer, S.M, Wang, W, Katikaneni, D. S, Schattgen, S, Fitzgerald, K and Jin, L. 2018. Immature lung TNFR2– cDC2 subpopulation activates moDCs to promote cyclic di-GMP mucosal adjuvant responses in vivo. Mucosal Immunology, epub Oct 16, 2018.
- PubMed: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/myncbi/lei.jin.1/bibliography/47925079/public/?sort=date&direction=ascending